EUROPE: R&R Ice Cream secures Kraft licencing deal
Own-label ice cream manufacturer R&R is joining forces with Kraft Foods to launch new ice cream brands across mainland Europe.
R&R will develop, manufacture and distribute an ice cream range of five Kraft brands - Milka, Toblerone, Daim, Oreo and Philadelphia - across Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
The first products will be on sale in spring 2012. James Lambert, CEO and executive chairman of R&R Ice Cream says sales of Kraft-branded products could be EUR100m within five years.
"It gives us a world-leading food brand across much of Western Europe and further enhances our reputation as a one-stop shop for both branded and own-label ice cream products", he said.
"R&R is in great shape for 2012. Our cash flow generation will also enable us to further pursue our strategy of consolidating the European ice cream market and investing in our factories to reduce costs and increase innovation for customers and consumers."
UK-based R&R makes own-label ice-cream products for retailers and makes ice cream under licence for confectioners like Nestle and Thorntons. It has nine factories and roughly 2,000 employees in Germany, France, Poland and the UK.
This week, two conferences in London will look at how the food industry is trying to alleviate its impact on the environment and the events are timely, with the UN Conference on Sustainable Developmen...
Premier Foods plc chairman Ronnie Bell has decided to leave the UK food manufacturer after 18 months in the role....
Kraft Foods has announced plans to expand a biscuit plant in Saudi Arabia that it operates with local conglomerate Olayan Group....
General Mills has agreed to buy Brazilian food manufacturer Yoki Alimentos, three months after speculation emerged that a deal had been signed....
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- What are the implications of Brexit for UK food?
- Richelieu Foods CEO eyes growth - interview
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- PepsiCo's Nooyi: "macro challenges" will continue
- WWF launches food security platform