EUROPE: R&R Ice Cream secures Kraft licencing deal
Own-label ice cream manufacturer R&R is joining forces with Kraft Foods to launch new ice cream brands across mainland Europe.
R&R will develop, manufacture and distribute an ice cream range of five Kraft brands - Milka, Toblerone, Daim, Oreo and Philadelphia - across Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
The first products will be on sale in spring 2012. James Lambert, CEO and executive chairman of R&R Ice Cream says sales of Kraft-branded products could be EUR100m within five years.
"It gives us a world-leading food brand across much of Western Europe and further enhances our reputation as a one-stop shop for both branded and own-label ice cream products", he said.
"R&R is in great shape for 2012. Our cash flow generation will also enable us to further pursue our strategy of consolidating the European ice cream market and investing in our factories to reduce costs and increase innovation for customers and consumers."
UK-based R&R makes own-label ice-cream products for retailers and makes ice cream under licence for confectioners like Nestle and Thorntons. It has nine factories and roughly 2,000 employees in Germany, France, Poland and the UK.
This week, two conferences in London will look at how the food industry is trying to alleviate its impact on the environment and the events are timely, with the UN Conference on Sustainable Developmen...
Premier Foods plc chairman Ronnie Bell has decided to leave the UK food manufacturer after 18 months in the role....
Kraft Foods has announced plans to expand a biscuit plant in Saudi Arabia that it operates with local conglomerate Olayan Group....
General Mills has agreed to buy Brazilian food manufacturer Yoki Alimentos, three months after speculation emerged that a deal had been signed....
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- Valio targets China with EUR70m whey inve
- China - ISA Country Report
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- Other Dairy in Russia
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape