EUROPE: R&R Ice Cream secures Kraft licencing deal
Own-label ice cream manufacturer R&R is joining forces with Kraft Foods to launch new ice cream brands across mainland Europe.
R&R will develop, manufacture and distribute an ice cream range of five Kraft brands - Milka, Toblerone, Daim, Oreo and Philadelphia - across Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
The first products will be on sale in spring 2012. James Lambert, CEO and executive chairman of R&R Ice Cream says sales of Kraft-branded products could be EUR100m within five years.
"It gives us a world-leading food brand across much of Western Europe and further enhances our reputation as a one-stop shop for both branded and own-label ice cream products", he said.
"R&R is in great shape for 2012. Our cash flow generation will also enable us to further pursue our strategy of consolidating the European ice cream market and investing in our factories to reduce costs and increase innovation for customers and consumers."
UK-based R&R makes own-label ice-cream products for retailers and makes ice cream under licence for confectioners like Nestle and Thorntons. It has nine factories and roughly 2,000 employees in Germany, France, Poland and the UK.
This week, two conferences in London will look at how the food industry is trying to alleviate its impact on the environment and the events are timely, with the UN Conference on Sustainable Developmen...
Premier Foods plc chairman Ronnie Bell has decided to leave the UK food manufacturer after 18 months in the role....
Kraft Foods has announced plans to expand a biscuit plant in Saudi Arabia that it operates with local conglomerate Olayan Group....
General Mills has agreed to buy Brazilian food manufacturer Yoki Alimentos, three months after speculation emerged that a deal had been signed....
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report