UK: R&R Ice Cream up for sale
R&R Ice Cream has contracts with companies including Nestle
UK firm R&R Ice Cream, which has operations across Europe, is up for sale, just-food understands.
First-round bids for a majority stake in R&R Ice Cream, which supplies branded ice cream under licence as well as own-label lines in markets including the UK and France, were due in this week.
US investment fund Oaktree Capital owns 82% of R&R. Management including chief executive James Lambert owns the remainder of the business.
A report from The Yorkshire Post claimed private-equity houses including Bain Capital and Clayton Dubilier & Rice are interested in the business. R&R declined to comment.
Oaktree formed R&R in 2006 when it acquired UK firm Richmond Foods and combined it with German peer Rocadin.
Last month, R&R reported a profit of EUR2.7m (US$3.6m) for the nine months to the end of September. A year earlier, it booked a loss of EUR10.9m amid finance costs.
R&R had a similar level of finance costs in the period to the end of this September but saw revenues increase 24.9% to EUR508m thanks to acquisitions.
FFT International hopes to continue to grow its business in Asia with an increased focus on high-end private label products that are specifically designed to meet the needs of Asian consumers....
The rapidly expanding Chinese food sector has long been a focus for multinationals looking beyond developed western markets for expansion. However, it isn't just the international food Goliaths - with...
India's largest dairy brand Amul is expanding beyond India for the first time by planning to launch its first overseas production facility in the US....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights