UK: Rumours rife about Asda's plans to branch into car sales
Will they or won't they? Speculation is rife as to whether supermarket chain Asda is preparing to break into car sales. Nick Agarwal, head of media relations at the chain, which is owned by US behemoth Wal-Mart , is keeping his cards close to his chest: "We used to sell Mazdas in the 1980s, but we've no plans to sell cars now."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth