FINLAND/SWEDEN: Ruokatalo and LRF in large-scale poultry JV
Finnish food group HK Ruokatalo and the Federation of Swedish Farmers (LRF) are planning to set up the largest poultry processor in the Nordic/Baltic region. The two parties are looking to reinforce their standing in the growing poultry meat market and have signed a letter of intent exploring their cooperation. The venture will involve their joint subsidiary AS Tallegg of Estonia, and Ruokatalo subsidiary Broilertalo of Finland. LRF would also bring Swedish Kronfagel and Danish Danpo A/S to the venture via its Spira subsidiary.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs