FINLAND/SWEDEN: Ruokatalo and LRF in large-scale poultry JV
Finnish food group HK Ruokatalo and the Federation of Swedish Farmers (LRF) are planning to set up the largest poultry processor in the Nordic/Baltic region. The two parties are looking to reinforce their standing in the growing poultry meat market and have signed a letter of intent exploring their cooperation. The venture will involve their joint subsidiary AS Tallegg of Estonia, and Ruokatalo subsidiary Broilertalo of Finland. LRF would also bring Swedish Kronfagel and Danish Danpo A/S to the venture via its Spira subsidiary.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery