FINLAND/SWEDEN: Ruokatalo talks with LRF come to nothing
Negotiations between Finnish meat group HK Ruokatalo and the Swedish farmers' group LRF have come to nothing.
The talks were set up to explore the possibility of creating a Nordic poultry company. The Finnish group commented: "From HK Ruokatalo's point of view, none of the ownership arrangements presented in the study would have generated additional shareholder value for the company's owners."
The two groups will continue to cooperate on a regional basis.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw