EUROPE/USA: Russ Smyth appointed president of McDonald’s Europe
US fastfood giant McDonald's has appointed Russ Smyth as president of the European unit of the company. Smyth, 46, has extensive McDonald's management experience in Asia, Latin America and Europe. Leading the management team in Europe, Smyth will succeed Charlie Bell, who was recently named by chairman and chief executive officer Jim Cantalupo as president and chief operating officer for McDonald's. Smyth will report directly to Bell.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix