USA: Russell Stover seeks buyer - report
Family-owned US confectioner Russell Stover is reported to have hired investment banker Greenhill & Co to seek potential buyers for the company.
No deal is imminent although initial bids were collected last week, Reuters reported, citing sources.
If a sale goes ahead, the Kansas City, Missouri-based company, which is the largest US maker of boxed chocolates, is expected to fetch around US$500m, which is about equal to its annual sales.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid