RUSSIA: Russia bans meat imports from Florida over anthrax fears
All meat and livestock products imported from Florida have been banned by the Russian veterinary service, which claims that the items carry with them the threat of anthrax poisoning. The ban order, which is believed to be "temporary until further notice", was signed by veterinary service chief Mikhail Kravchuk on 12 October. Market participants and information agencies were not informed about the ban until yesterday [Tuesday] morning, however, prompting much frustration. Albert Davleyev, director of the Russian representative office of the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China