RUSSIA: Russia bans meat imports from Florida over anthrax fears
All meat and livestock products imported from Florida have been banned by the Russian veterinary service, which claims that the items carry with them the threat of anthrax poisoning. The ban order, which is believed to be "temporary until further notice", was signed by veterinary service chief Mikhail Kravchuk on 12 October. Market participants and information agencies were not informed about the ban until yesterday [Tuesday] morning, however, prompting much frustration. Albert Davleyev, director of the Russian representative office of the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action