RUSSIA: Russian retailer X5 bids for Siberian chain
Russian retailer X5 Retail Group wants to take over the Siberian retailer Holiday Classic.
The Siberian chain operates 219 supermarkets and neighbourhood stores in the region under banners including Holiday Classic and Sibiriada.
"We requested approval from the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service. If they approve the deal, we will continue the negotiations", an X5 spokersperson told just-food today (17 April).
X5, which operates over 3,100 stores in Russia, does not have any outlets in Siberia. "We actively want to develop our presence in Siberia and the Holliday Classic stores fit our requirements, both technically and in terms of geographic spreading," the spokesperson added.
Jan Fuchs has become the latest senior executive to leave Russian retailer X5 Retail Group....
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report