RUSSIA: Russian retailer X5 bids for Siberian chain
Russian retailer X5 Retail Group wants to take over the Siberian retailer Holiday Classic.
The Siberian chain operates 219 supermarkets and neighbourhood stores in the region under banners including Holiday Classic and Sibiriada.
"We requested approval from the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service. If they approve the deal, we will continue the negotiations", an X5 spokersperson told just-food today (17 April).
X5, which operates over 3,100 stores in Russia, does not have any outlets in Siberia. "We actively want to develop our presence in Siberia and the Holliday Classic stores fit our requirements, both technically and in terms of geographic spreading," the spokesperson added.
Jan Fuchs has become the latest senior executive to leave Russian retailer X5 Retail Group....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020