RUSSIA: Russian retailer X5 bids for Siberian chain
Russian retailer X5 Retail Group wants to take over the Siberian retailer Holiday Classic.
The Siberian chain operates 219 supermarkets and neighbourhood stores in the region under banners including Holiday Classic and Sibiriada.
"We requested approval from the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service. If they approve the deal, we will continue the negotiations", an X5 spokersperson told just-food today (17 April).
X5, which operates over 3,100 stores in Russia, does not have any outlets in Siberia. "We actively want to develop our presence in Siberia and the Holliday Classic stores fit our requirements, both technically and in terms of geographic spreading," the spokesperson added.
Jan Fuchs has become the latest senior executive to leave Russian retailer X5 Retail Group....
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia