RUSSIA: Russian retailer X5 bids for Siberian chain
Russian retailer X5 Retail Group wants to take over the Siberian retailer Holiday Classic.
The Siberian chain operates 219 supermarkets and neighbourhood stores in the region under banners including Holiday Classic and Sibiriada.
"We requested approval from the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service. If they approve the deal, we will continue the negotiations", an X5 spokersperson told just-food today (17 April).
X5, which operates over 3,100 stores in Russia, does not have any outlets in Siberia. "We actively want to develop our presence in Siberia and the Holliday Classic stores fit our requirements, both technically and in terms of geographic spreading," the spokesperson added.
Jan Fuchs has become the latest senior executive to leave Russian retailer X5 Retail Group....
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights