FINLAND: S Group trials "self service parcel point" for online orders
Finnish retailing cooperative S Group is piloting a service that allows consumers to order groceries online and collect them at a "self-service parcel point" at its HOK-Elanto chain in Finland.
The service is an extension of the group's "collect and go" grocery service, launched last November, and means shoppers can now decide if they want groceries to be delivered at home, picked up from a collect and go store or a self-service parcel point.
The concept was developed by Digital Foodie and is available through the Foodie.fm site.
"Our goal is to help consumers eat well and shop smart. Foodie.fm is already tailored to user's individual needs and now we can offer more flexibility for the order fulfilment too. We believe that self-service Collect & Go could work internationally. It would be ideal for busy commuter sites where there isn't too much space to park near the collection point," explains Kalle Koutajoki, CEO of Digital Foodie.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets