FINLAND: S Group trials "self service parcel point" for online orders
Finnish retailing cooperative S Group is piloting a service that allows consumers to order groceries online and collect them at a "self-service parcel point" at its HOK-Elanto chain in Finland.
The service is an extension of the group's "collect and go" grocery service, launched last November, and means shoppers can now decide if they want groceries to be delivered at home, picked up from a collect and go store or a self-service parcel point.
The concept was developed by Digital Foodie and is available through the Foodie.fm site.
"Our goal is to help consumers eat well and shop smart. Foodie.fm is already tailored to user's individual needs and now we can offer more flexibility for the order fulfilment too. We believe that self-service Collect & Go could work internationally. It would be ideal for busy commuter sites where there isn't too much space to park near the collection point," explains Kalle Koutajoki, CEO of Digital Foodie.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights