FINLAND: S Group trials "self service parcel point" for online orders
Finnish retailing cooperative S Group is piloting a service that allows consumers to order groceries online and collect them at a "self-service parcel point" at its HOK-Elanto chain in Finland.
The service is an extension of the group's "collect and go" grocery service, launched last November, and means shoppers can now decide if they want groceries to be delivered at home, picked up from a collect and go store or a self-service parcel point.
The concept was developed by Digital Foodie and is available through the Foodie.fm site.
"Our goal is to help consumers eat well and shop smart. Foodie.fm is already tailored to user's individual needs and now we can offer more flexibility for the order fulfilment too. We believe that self-service Collect & Go could work internationally. It would be ideal for busy commuter sites where there isn't too much space to park near the collection point," explains Kalle Koutajoki, CEO of Digital Foodie.
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report