SPAIN: Sabeco plans Spanish expansion
Spanish supermarket chain Sabeco plans to double the number of its supermarket stores in Spain by 2007. Sabeco, which is a subsidiary of French retailer Auchan, currently operates 119 supermarkets in Spain, with a view to increasing that number to 240 by 2007. The average investment per store is estimated to be between €1.1m (US$1.09m) and €6m depending on location. The main regions that Sabeco plans to target for its expansion are Asturias, Cantabria, Castilla y Leon and Castille La Mancha, reported the Spanish News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning