SPAIN: Sabeco plans Spanish expansion
Spanish supermarket chain Sabeco plans to double the number of its supermarket stores in Spain by 2007.
Sabeco, which is a subsidiary of French retailer Auchan, currently operates 119 supermarkets in Spain, with a view to increasing that number to 240 by 2007.
The average investment per store is estimated to be between €1.1m (US$1.09m) and €6m depending on location. The main regions that Sabeco plans to target for its expansion are Asturias, Cantabria, Castilla y Leon and Castille La Mancha, reported the Spanish News Digest.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target