SPAIN: Sabeco plans Spanish expansion
Spanish supermarket chain Sabeco plans to double the number of its supermarket stores in Spain by 2007. Sabeco, which is a subsidiary of French retailer Auchan, currently operates 119 supermarkets in Spain, with a view to increasing that number to 240 by 2007. The average investment per store is estimated to be between €1.1m (US$1.09m) and €6m depending on location. The main regions that Sabeco plans to target for its expansion are Asturias, Cantabria, Castilla y Leon and Castille La Mancha, reported the Spanish News Digest.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits