BRAZIL: Sadia considers opening Russian facility
Brazilian meat processor Sadia is contemplating an investment of US$70m to construct a meat processing plant in Russia.
According to a report in Brazilian publication RIA Novosti, a company official said that Sadia would establish a joint venture with Russian meat wholesaler Mitatorg, who is currently the exclusive distributor of Sadia products in Russia.
The facility would initially focus on the production of sausage and other meat products, later expanding into frozen prefabricated meats.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre