BRAZIL: Sadia posts massive rise in Q1 net income
Brazil's biggest meat producer, Sadia, has reported soaring profits in the first quarter but warned that the company's performance would not be as strong in the second quarter. Higher prices and increased exports helped push up first-quarter sales and earnings, but costs linked to the high value of the dollar as well as stagnant prices on the domestic market are likely to make second-quarter conditions much more difficult.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods