BRAZIL: Sadia posts massive rise in Q1 net income
Brazil's biggest meat producer, Sadia, has reported soaring profits in the first quarter but warned that the company's performance would not be as strong in the second quarter. Higher prices and increased exports helped push up first-quarter sales and earnings, but costs linked to the high value of the dollar as well as stagnant prices on the domestic market are likely to make second-quarter conditions much more difficult.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast