UK: Safeway - a leader in the making, perhaps - COMMENT (Members)
UK supermarket Safeway has reported its eighth consecutive increase in quarterly sales above 5%. Like-for-like sales increased 5.4% in the 16 weeks to October 13. Safeway has cited new customer attraction and rising average spend as the reasons for its performance. Despite some analyst pessimism over the solidity of these results, if this performance continues, Safeway's rivals will have cause for concern.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast