UK: Safeway and Iceland lose out in run-up to Christmas
UK supermarket retailer Safeway and frozen food retailer Iceland have been losing out to supermarket chains Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury in the all-important and lucrative Christmas period. Unpublished data showing the total till takes of all the grocers, including non-food and petrol sales, show that Safeway and Iceland are the only big supermarket chains doing worse this year compared to the same period of 2001, reported the Observer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs