USA: Safeway Announces Acquisition of Genuardi's
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) and Genuardi's Family Markets, Inc. jointly announced today that they have signed a definitive agreement pursuant to which Safeway will acquire Genuardi's in a cash transaction. The acquisition will be accounted for as a purchase and is expected to be funded with proceeds from the sale of commercial paper. Safeway expects the transaction to be accretive in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs