USA: Safeway Announces Closure of University Store in Anchorage
On Saturday, April 29, 2000 at 6:00 p.m. the Safeway (NYSE:SWY) store located at 3801 Seward Highway in Anchorage, along with the Safeway Liquor Store located in University Center, will be permanently closed. Attorney General Bruce Botelho approved the sale of the store to Richard and Vikki Solberg who will operate Natural Pantry at the existing site. The Safeway Liquor store has been purchased by Randy Kaer and Development Catalyst Inc. "Once the doors are closed to the public, an inventory will take place followed by the moving of existing merchandise to neighboring stores" said Richard Near, General Manager of Alaskan Operations. "All employees will be reassigned to new locations." The sale of this store completes the necessary requirements of the Consent Decree of February 9, 1999 regarding the acquisition of the Carr-Gottstein Foods, Co. The Seattle Division of Safeway Inc. is made up of 205 stores in Washington, Northern Idaho, Montana, Alaska and Milton-Freewater, Oregon. Safeway is a Fortune 500 company and operates 1,663 stores in the United States and Canada. Safeway Inc. is the second largest food and drug retailer in North America based on sales. The company's common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SWY.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report