USA: Safeway announces website link to new produce site, Aboutproduce.com - link offers consumers wealth of information about produce
Safeway announced that its website, Safeway.com, now has a link to Aboutproduce.com, a website that helps educate consumers about nutrition and health, provides storage and handling tips for fruits and vegetables, offers produce recipes, and more."Having a link to Aboutproduce.com allows visitors to our website the opportunity to learn more about the importance of including more fruits and vegetables in their daily diets," said Don Harris, director of Marketing, Safeway Corporate Produce. "Plus, it's a very user-friendly, fun way to educate consumers about produce in general," he added.To help promote the link to Aboutproduce.com, signs are displayed throughout the produce section in all Safeway stores. In addition, Safeway is including ongoing information about the website in all its produce advertisements.Aboutproduce.com, which was officially launched during National 5 A Day Week, September 10-16, was created by the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) in cooperation with Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). PMA and PBH are responsible for the information and content found at Aboutproduce.com.Safeway Inc. is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America based on sales. The company operates 1,680 stores in the United States and Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report