USA: Safeway announces website link to new produce site, Aboutproduce.com - link offers consumers wealth of information about produce
Safeway announced that its website, Safeway.com, now has a link to Aboutproduce.com, a website that helps educate consumers about nutrition and health, provides storage and handling tips for fruits and vegetables, offers produce recipes, and more."Having a link to Aboutproduce.com allows visitors to our website the opportunity to learn more about the importance of including more fruits and vegetables in their daily diets," said Don Harris, director of Marketing, Safeway Corporate Produce. "Plus, it's a very user-friendly, fun way to educate consumers about produce in general," he added.To help promote the link to Aboutproduce.com, signs are displayed throughout the produce section in all Safeway stores. In addition, Safeway is including ongoing information about the website in all its produce advertisements.Aboutproduce.com, which was officially launched during National 5 A Day Week, September 10-16, was created by the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) in cooperation with Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). PMA and PBH are responsible for the information and content found at Aboutproduce.com.Safeway Inc. is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America based on sales. The company operates 1,680 stores in the United States and Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes