UK: Safeway boss awarded £4m incentive to stay
Carlos Criado-Perez, chief executive officer of Safeway, has been offered a £4m (US$5.9m) incentive package to golden-handcuff him to the recovering retailer for the next three years. Depending on the growth of Safeway's earnings per share, the Argentinean CEO will gain up to £2m, on top of his basic salary in the region of £613,000 and a range of other incentive plans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations