UK: Safeway boss awarded £4m incentive to stay
Carlos Criado-Perez, chief executive officer of Safeway, has been offered a £4m (US$5.9m) incentive package to golden-handcuff him to the recovering retailer for the next three years. Depending on the growth of Safeway's earnings per share, the Argentinean CEO will gain up to £2m, on top of his basic salary in the region of £613,000 and a range of other incentive plans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs