USA: Safeway chairman picked up US$1m salary, US$1.15m bonus in 2001
Steven Burd, chairman, president and CEO of US supermarket chain Safeway Inc, received a falt salary of US$1m last year, up from US870,000 in 2000. On top of the salary, Burd picked up a bonus of US$1.15m and no stock options, compared to a US$1.7m bonus (including a US$450,000 retention bonus) and options for 2 million common shares in 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up