UK: Safeway decision could come as early as next week - report
The UK government's decision on the battle for UK supermarket chain Safeway could be announced as early as next week. The Department of Trade and Industry, which is examining the report from the Competition Commission on the potential takeover bids, is believed to be keen to make an announcement ahead of the Labour Party conference which begins on 28 September, reported the Financial Times.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea