USA: Safeway defends company's food handling practices
Safeway legally and safely transported a limited quantity of perishable products between some of its stores in Northern California. The product was transported short distances and the company was careful to ensure that proper temperature was maintained at all times. Any perishable product was moved in original sealed packages within cartons.
The movement of product between stores is not Safeway's standard practice, but is not a violation of the law. The Company has been in contact with the California State Department of Health and various County Departments of Health to assure them all products were handled in a safe manner. Safeway maintains that none of the product transported between stores created a health risk to customers.
Safeway reiterated the current labor dispute is between the Teamsters and Summit Logistics Inc. The Teamsters represented by Local 439 do not work for Safeway. "The Teamsters' efforts against our stores are misplaced. This irresponsible claim is another ploy by Local 439 to discourage Safeway customers, which directly threatens the jobs of Safeway's 20,000 unionized employees," added Lambert.
Companies: Safeway Inc
US grocer Safeway has reported lower third-quarter net income and said it plans to revitalise its Texas unit....
Struggling UK supermarket firm Wm Morrison has announced the sale of 30 petrol station forecourt sites to BP, Somerfield and Tesco....
US grocer Safeway has announced that it will purchase 100% renewable energy to power the company's 270 fuel stations in the United States, its 15 stores in San Francisco, and the Safeway corporate cam...
US grocery retailer Safeway has appointed Dean Ornish, M.D., a leading expert on nutrition and wellness, to chair the company's newly formed Advisory Council on Health and Nutrition....
UK grocery retailer Wm Morrison Supermarkets has announced that it has agreed to sell nine Safeway stores to rival Sainsbury's....
Supermarket chain Safeway has reported net income of $134.0m for the second quarter ended 18 June 2005 compared to $155.2m for the second quarter of the previous year....
Supermarket chain Safeway has reported net income of $131.3mfor the first quarter ended 26 March 2005 compared to $43.1m for the first quarter of 2004....
Retail supply chain exchanges GlobalNetXchange and the WorldWide Retail Exchange today (Monday) announced that they have agreed to merge....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image