UK: Safeway delivers strong first half
Second quarter trading statement First half like-for-like sales growth 5.7% Second quarter like-for-like sales growth 5.4% Eighth successive quarter of strong like-for-like growth Our strong trading performance has continued during the second quarter. Like - for - like sales grew by 5.4% during the 16 weeks to 13 October 2001, driven by a combination of rising customer numbers and average spend, and represents the eighth consecutive quarter in which growth has exceeded 5%. Like - for - like sales growth for the first half as a whole was 5.7%. Total sales in the second quarter grew by 5.6%, reflecting our strategic focus on existing stores and the fact that only two new stores have opened in the last 18 months; our very successful new concept stores at Wimbledon and Woking, the former replacing an existing store.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea