UK: Safeway delivers strong first half
Second quarter trading statement First half like-for-like sales growth 5.7% Second quarter like-for-like sales growth 5.4% Eighth successive quarter of strong like-for-like growth Our strong trading performance has continued during the second quarter. Like - for - like sales grew by 5.4% during the 16 weeks to 13 October 2001, driven by a combination of rising customer numbers and average spend, and represents the eighth consecutive quarter in which growth has exceeded 5%. Like - for - like sales growth for the first half as a whole was 5.7%. Total sales in the second quarter grew by 5.6%, reflecting our strategic focus on existing stores and the fact that only two new stores have opened in the last 18 months; our very successful new concept stores at Wimbledon and Woking, the former replacing an existing store.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery