USA: Safeway drops guidance for Q2, FY 2002
Pleasanton, California-based Safeway, one of the largest food and drug retailers in the US, expects to report diluted earnings per share of about US$0.71 - US$0.73 for the Q2 ending 15 June 2002, before one-time charges. This is 5% - 8% below the existing First Call consensus estimate of US$0.77 per share for the Q2 of 2002. In addition, the company is revising its FY 2002 guidance to US$2.86 - US$2.90 per share before one-time charges, which is 8% - 9% below the current First Call consensus estimate of US$3.15 for 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action