US: Safeway expands tomato recall
US retailer Safeway has again expanded its recall of tomato products sourced from Florida tomato-grower Six L's.
The company yesterday (9 May) said it has extended its voluntary recall of veggie platters to include its Eating Right Veggie Party Platter, as it was packaged by Mann's Packing using grape tomatoes sourced from grower Six L's which were recalled last week due to possible salmonella contamination.
This product was sold at all Safeway and Safeway-owned stores, including Vons, Pavilions, Dominick's, Genuardi's, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs and Pak N' Save stores.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image