UK: Safeway expects to meet analysts’ estimates
Despite reports to the contrary, a spokesman for Safeway has said that the company is not set to issue a profit warning. Taylor Nelson Sofres recently published industry market share data that has led to speculation that Safeway's sales growth might be weakening. Despite the fact that the company reported in July that its sales growth had risen this year, it has in fact risen by a smaller percentage than it had risen by the same point last year. Safeway still expects to meet estimates for the half-year and full-year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin