UK: Safeway expects to meet analysts’ estimates
Despite reports to the contrary, a spokesman for Safeway has said that the company is not set to issue a profit warning. Taylor Nelson Sofres recently published industry market share data that has led to speculation that Safeway's sales growth might be weakening. Despite the fact that the company reported in July that its sales growth had risen this year, it has in fact risen by a smaller percentage than it had risen by the same point last year. Safeway still expects to meet estimates for the half-year and full-year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action