AUSTRALIA: Safeway fined AUS$8.9m for price fixing
An Australian Federal Court had imposed a penalty of AUS$8.9m (US$6.7m) on Australian Safeway Stores for misusing its market power and fixing the price of bread. Justice Alan Goldberg handed down the fine today (31 January) after the Federal Court ruled against the retailer on 30 June 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival