AUSTRALIA: Safeway fined AUS$8.9m for price fixing
An Australian Federal Court had imposed a penalty of AUS$8.9m (US$6.7m) on Australian Safeway Stores for misusing its market power and fixing the price of bread. Justice Alan Goldberg handed down the fine today (31 January) after the Federal Court ruled against the retailer on 30 June 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast