AUSTRALIA: Safeway fined AUS$8.9m for price fixing
An Australian Federal Court had imposed a penalty of AUS$8.9m (US$6.7m) on Australian Safeway Stores for misusing its market power and fixing the price of bread. Justice Alan Goldberg handed down the fine today (31 January) after the Federal Court ruled against the retailer on 30 June 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth