USA: Safeway Inc. announces 20% increase in earnings per share
Safeway Inc. today reported net income of $270.0 million ($0.53 per share) for the third quarter ended September 9, 2000 compared to $223.4 million ($0.44 per share) for the third quarter of 1999. This represents a 20% increase in earnings per share. Third-quarter 2000 comparable-store sales increased 4.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast