USA: Safeway Inc. announces fourth-quarter 2000 operating results
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) yesterday reported that net income, excluding the estimated effects of the Summit Logistics strike described below, was $365.7 million ($0.71 per share) for the fourth quarter ended December 30, 2000. This represents a 20% increase over net income of $305.3 million ($0.59 per share) for the fourth quarter of 1999. Including the effects of the Summit Logistics strike, net income was $299.1 million ($0.58 per share).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units