USA: Safeway Inc. announces fourth-quarter 2000 operating results
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) yesterday reported that net income, excluding the estimated effects of the Summit Logistics strike described below, was $365.7 million ($0.71 per share) for the fourth quarter ended December 30, 2000. This represents a 20% increase over net income of $305.3 million ($0.59 per share) for the fourth quarter of 1999. Including the effects of the Summit Logistics strike, net income was $299.1 million ($0.58 per share).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti