USA: Safeway Inc. announces fourth-quarter 2000 operating results
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) yesterday reported that net income, excluding the estimated effects of the Summit Logistics strike described below, was $365.7 million ($0.71 per share) for the fourth quarter ended December 30, 2000. This represents a 20% increase over net income of $305.3 million ($0.59 per share) for the fourth quarter of 1999. Including the effects of the Summit Logistics strike, net income was $299.1 million ($0.58 per share).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast