USA: Safeway Inc. completes acquisition of Genuardi's Family Markets, Inc.
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) announced today that it has completed its acquisition of the assets of Genuardi's Family Markets, Inc. of Norristown, Pa. The acquisition is being accounted for as an asset purchase and was funded with proceeds from the sale of commercial paper. Safeway expects the transaction to be accretive in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units