USA: Safeway Inc. completes acquisition of Genuardi's Family Markets, Inc.
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) announced today that it has completed its acquisition of the assets of Genuardi's Family Markets, Inc. of Norristown, Pa. The acquisition is being accounted for as an asset purchase and was funded with proceeds from the sale of commercial paper. Safeway expects the transaction to be accretive in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action