USA: Safeway Inc. completes acquisition of Genuardi's Family Markets, Inc.
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) announced today that it has completed its acquisition of the assets of Genuardi's Family Markets, Inc. of Norristown, Pa. The acquisition is being accounted for as an asset purchase and was funded with proceeds from the sale of commercial paper. Safeway expects the transaction to be accretive in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK