USA :Safeway Kicks Off Produce for Better Health, "5 a Day Across the USA" Tour, May 18 and 19
Safeway Inc. has been selected by the Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) to be included in the organization's annual "5 A Day Across the USA(TM)" tour. The tour will stop in various cities across the country touting the health benefits of eating five or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day. On May 18, from 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., PBH and the California Department of Health's state "5 A Day" program will staff information tables, provide food recipes and samples outside the Safeway store in Livermore, located at 4495 1st Street. In addition, customers will be asked to sign a card pledging to eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day. PBH hopes to collect 1 million pledges during the tour, which starts on May 18 in Salinas and ends June 2 in Washington, D.C. On May 19, Tony Tantillo, KPIX-TV's Fresh Grocer, will make an appearance at the "5 A Day" event in front of Safeway's corporate headquarters located at 5918 Stoneridge Mall Road, in Pleasanton, from 6:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. The Pleasanton event will include information tables, special food and juice samples and recipes. Safeway employees will be asked to sign cards pledging to eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables. In addition to the Pleasanton and Livermore sites, the "5 A Day Across the USA(TM)" tour will stop in three other Safeway-operated stores, including Tom Thumb in Dallas, Texas, on May 22; Dominick's in Park Ridge, Illinois, on May 27; and a Safeway store in Baltimore, Maryland, on June 1. Safeway Inc. is one of the largest food and drug retailer in North America based on sales. The company operates 1,663 stores in the United States and Canada, operating under the names Safeway, Pak `n Save, Dominick's, Vons, Pavilions, Randall's, Tom Thumb, and Carr's. Safeway's common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SWY.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report