USA: Safeway makes management changes at its eastern division
US grocery giant Safeway has named Karl Schroeder president of its 178-store Eastern Division, which includes 44 Genuardi's stores in Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey. Schroeder succeeds Michael J. Bessire, who has been Eastern Division president since 1996 and has decided to take a break from his 30-year career in the grocery business in favour of spending time at his Texas ranch.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO