USA: Safeway makes management changes at its eastern division
US grocery giant Safeway has named Karl Schroeder president of its 178-store Eastern Division, which includes 44 Genuardi's stores in Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey. Schroeder succeeds Michael J. Bessire, who has been Eastern Division president since 1996 and has decided to take a break from his 30-year career in the grocery business in favour of spending time at his Texas ranch.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action