USA: Safeway names corporate senior VPs in streamlining plan
Pleasanton, California-based supermarket giant Safeway has announced the promotion of several executives to senior VP (SVP) as part of its ongoing efforts to streamline the company's supply chain. Wayne Foxworthy, who began his career with the company in 1972 as a food clerk, is to become SVP, merchandising systems and strategies. Foxworthy has been on assignment at the company's corporate office since 2000. Prior to that he was Vice President, Marketing Operations in Safeway's Northern California Division.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast