UK: Safeway posts 4.1% growth in like-for-like Q3s
Britain's fourth-largest supermarket chain Safeway today [Tuesday] posted a 4.1% growth in its like-for-like Q3 sales, but its performance during the Christmas trading period lagged sector rivals. Sales growth for the first 12 weeks of Safeway's second half, ended 5 January, was at the lower end of analyst expectations of 4-5% growth. Third quarter like-for-like volume growth meanwhile accelerated to 5.4% from 4.3% in the second quarter, after disinflation of 1.3%, according to a statement by the chain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast