US: Safeway promotes local produce
US retailer Safeway has launched a campaign that aims to "significantly increase" its focus on locally-grown produce.
The company said the initiative will draw customer attention to the company's "wide selection" of local produce.
"Nearly a third of Safeway's produce comes from local sources. In California, that number is even greater, roughly 45%," said Geoff White, group VP of produce. "This new initiative will direct our customers to our extensive selection of premium-quality, locally grown produce at competitive prices."
Safeway's "Locally Grown" campaign will highlight partnerships with local farmers and provide local produce premier in-store placement.
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report