UK: Safeway seeks new commercial non-food director
UK supermarket giant Safeway is on the look out for a new commercial director for non-foods following the initial success of the company's first hypermarket in Plymstock, Devon. Safeway is placing increasing emphasis on building its non food offer, although a spokesman admitted to Retail Week that it would take more time to see if the success of the Plymstock stock would last: "Sales have been brilliant at Plymstock, but you cannot judge a store after three or four months. You have got to give it 18 months to two years."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife