UK: Safeway seeks new commercial non-food director
UK supermarket giant Safeway is on the look out for a new commercial director for non-foods following the initial success of the company's first hypermarket in Plymstock, Devon. Safeway is placing increasing emphasis on building its non food offer, although a spokesman admitted to Retail Week that it would take more time to see if the success of the Plymstock stock would last: "Sales have been brilliant at Plymstock, but you cannot judge a store after three or four months. You have got to give it 18 months to two years."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund