UK: Safeway seeks new commercial non-food director
UK supermarket giant Safeway is on the look out for a new commercial director for non-foods following the initial success of the company's first hypermarket in Plymstock, Devon. Safeway is placing increasing emphasis on building its non food offer, although a spokesman admitted to Retail Week that it would take more time to see if the success of the Plymstock stock would last: "Sales have been brilliant at Plymstock, but you cannot judge a store after three or four months. You have got to give it 18 months to two years."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods