USA: Safeway sees Q2 net income down, board OKs buyback up by US$1bn
Pleasanton, Calif.-based grocery giant Safeway has reported adjusted net income of US$350.4m (US$0.72 per share) for the Q2 2002, down from US$358m (US$0.69 per share) in the Q2 2001. Including an US$36.7m after-tax charge for restructuring and US$4.4m for transition costs related to the centralisation of marketing functions, Q2 2002 net income was US$309.3m (US$0.63 per share). Net income for the Q2 2001 was US$307.3m (US$0.59 per share) including the effects of the impairment charge and goodwill amortization.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK