USA: Safeway signs contract for viaLink to synchronize trading data
The viaLink Company (NasdaqNM:VLNK) today announced that Safeway Inc. has signed a contract to utilize viaLink's syncLink(SM) service to synchronize item, price and promotion information with its trading partners. Safeway is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America and operates 1,680 stores in the United States and Canada. The company reported annual sales of $28.9 billion in 1999. "The addition of an industry leader like Safeway to our customer base is an important milestone for viaLink," said Lewis B. "Bucky" Kilbourne, viaLink's chairman and chief executive officer. "We believe that synchronized item, price and promotion information is foundational to a successful e-commerce strategy for retail industry participants. viaLink has the only deployed solution for synchronization in this industry, and we are pleased that Safeway has selected us to provide this service."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020