USA: Safeway signs contract for viaLink to synchronize trading data
The viaLink Company (NasdaqNM:VLNK) today announced that Safeway Inc. has signed a contract to utilize viaLink's syncLink(SM) service to synchronize item, price and promotion information with its trading partners. Safeway is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America and operates 1,680 stores in the United States and Canada. The company reported annual sales of $28.9 billion in 1999. "The addition of an industry leader like Safeway to our customer base is an important milestone for viaLink," said Lewis B. "Bucky" Kilbourne, viaLink's chairman and chief executive officer. "We believe that synchronized item, price and promotion information is foundational to a successful e-commerce strategy for retail industry participants. viaLink has the only deployed solution for synchronization in this industry, and we are pleased that Safeway has selected us to provide this service."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target