USA: Safeway - strong results - COMMENT
Safeway's Q1 profits are up 17%. Profit margins as well as overall sales have increased for the US supermarket group, leading to healthy profits of $283.9 million. With a recently announced expansion plan on the cards, Safeway will be trying to make the most of its current success, spreading its operations across the country to secure its place in the emerging super league of US grocers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin