UK: Safeway to face Competition Commission over cheap petrol promotion
UK supermarket chain Safeway could soon face the Competition Commission over its "money off" petrol promotion after legal experts suggested that the deal is unfair to sector competitors. The deal provides shoppers who have spent over £150 (US$221) in store with vouchers for 20p per litre off petrol prices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1