UK: Safeway to meet with Philip Green this week
UK supermarket operator Safeway has requested a meeting with retail entrepreneur Philip Green to ascertain how seriously he is interested in buying the chain. According to the Sunday Times, there is a growing feeling among analysts that Green will walk away from the takeover deal, but Green has not been forthcoming about his intentions. The BHS and Arcadia owner said in January that he was considering making a bid for Safeway.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO