UK: Safeway to meet with Philip Green this week
UK supermarket operator Safeway has requested a meeting with retail entrepreneur Philip Green to ascertain how seriously he is interested in buying the chain. According to the Sunday Times, there is a growing feeling among analysts that Green will walk away from the takeover deal, but Green has not been forthcoming about his intentions. The BHS and Arcadia owner said in January that he was considering making a bid for Safeway.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods