UK: Safeway to meet with Philip Green this week
UK supermarket operator Safeway has requested a meeting with retail entrepreneur Philip Green to ascertain how seriously he is interested in buying the chain. According to the Sunday Times, there is a growing feeling among analysts that Green will walk away from the takeover deal, but Green has not been forthcoming about his intentions. The BHS and Arcadia owner said in January that he was considering making a bid for Safeway.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast