UK: Safeway UK - the hard work is just beginning - COMMENT (Members)
UK supermarket Safeway has announced better than expected results for fiscal Q1. After recent criticism about its prices from ABN Amro, Safeway has turned around and beaten city forecasts for its quarterly results. But to maintain growth Safeway will need to be careful that consumers see it as offering value for money, despite negative press attention. Its move to carry out a further round of discounting may help out.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund