UK: Safeway UK - the hard work is just beginning - COMMENT (Members)
UK supermarket Safeway has announced better than expected results for fiscal Q1. After recent criticism about its prices from ABN Amro, Safeway has turned around and beaten city forecasts for its quarterly results. But to maintain growth Safeway will need to be careful that consumers see it as offering value for money, despite negative press attention. Its move to carry out a further round of discounting may help out.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action