USA: Safeway.com launched in San Francisco and San Jose CA areas
US supermarket giant Safeway has announced the formal Bay Area launch of Safeway.com, the company's Internet grocery shopping and home delivery service, to consumers living in the San Francisco and San Jose areas. Safeway.com is operated through GroceryWorks, an Internet-based home shopping service that is 50% owned by Safeway and 35% owned by Tesco plc, the number one food retailer in the UK and operator of Tesco.com, the world's most successful seller of groceries on-line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega