USA: Safeway.com launched in San Francisco and San Jose CA areas
US supermarket giant Safeway has announced the formal Bay Area launch of Safeway.com, the company's Internet grocery shopping and home delivery service, to consumers living in the San Francisco and San Jose areas. Safeway.com is operated through GroceryWorks, an Internet-based home shopping service that is 50% owned by Safeway and 35% owned by Tesco plc, the number one food retailer in the UK and operator of Tesco.com, the world's most successful seller of groceries on-line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast