USA: Safeway.com launched in San Francisco and San Jose CA areas
US supermarket giant Safeway has announced the formal Bay Area launch of Safeway.com, the company's Internet grocery shopping and home delivery service, to consumers living in the San Francisco and San Jose areas. Safeway.com is operated through GroceryWorks, an Internet-based home shopping service that is 50% owned by Safeway and 35% owned by Tesco plc, the number one food retailer in the UK and operator of Tesco.com, the world's most successful seller of groceries on-line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning