EGYPT/UK: Sainsbury - out of Egypt - COMMENT
Sainsbury's announces withdrawal from Egypt Sainsbury's decision to pull out of Egypt marks the end of its short-lived flirtation with developing markets. It follows just months after the sale of Homebase, the DIY business it was forced to sell to fund investment in its core UK grocery business. But the company's latest results suggest that better times may be just around the corner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods