EGYPT/UK: Sainsbury - out of Egypt - COMMENT
Sainsbury's announces withdrawal from Egypt Sainsbury's decision to pull out of Egypt marks the end of its short-lived flirtation with developing markets. It follows just months after the sale of Homebase, the DIY business it was forced to sell to fund investment in its core UK grocery business. But the company's latest results suggest that better times may be just around the corner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery