UK: Sainsbury outperforms Tesco in Christmas, New Year period
Christmas sales growth at the UK's largest supermarket chain, Tesco , was eclipsed by that reported by its closest rival, Sainsbury , for the first time in years. The results reported this week confirmed that, while last Christmas Tesco saw a 6.9% increase in like-for-like sales and Sainsbury's a mere 0.4%, this season's trading figures are telling a different story.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report