UK: Sainsbury outperforms Tesco in Christmas, New Year period
Christmas sales growth at the UK's largest supermarket chain, Tesco , was eclipsed by that reported by its closest rival, Sainsbury , for the first time in years. The results reported this week confirmed that, while last Christmas Tesco saw a 6.9% increase in like-for-like sales and Sainsbury's a mere 0.4%, this season's trading figures are telling a different story.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery