UK: Sainsbury to invest in new London shops, 3000 new jobs
British supermarket group J Sainsbury is to invest £500m (US$714.3m) in new stores and refurbishments in London over the next three years. The new stores will include around 20 local stores, two Sainsbury's Centrals and five supermarkets, complementing the group's current 104 stores in the capital. The investment programme is expected to create 3,000 new jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast