UK: Sainsbury to invest in new London shops, 3000 new jobs
British supermarket group J Sainsbury is to invest £500m (US$714.3m) in new stores and refurbishments in London over the next three years. The new stores will include around 20 local stores, two Sainsbury's Centrals and five supermarkets, complementing the group's current 104 stores in the capital. The investment programme is expected to create 3,000 new jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega