UK: Sainsbury to invest in new London shops, 3000 new jobs
British supermarket group J Sainsbury is to invest £500m (US$714.3m) in new stores and refurbishments in London over the next three years. The new stores will include around 20 local stores, two Sainsbury's Centrals and five supermarkets, complementing the group's current 104 stores in the capital. The investment programme is expected to create 3,000 new jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti