UK: Sainsbury to unveil significant sales growth slowdown
UK supermarket giant J Sainsbury is expected to report a significant slowdown in sales next Wednesday, leaving some analysts to wonder whether it will deliver on anticipated full-year profit forecasts. Sainsbury, which is second to Tesco in the UK supermarket sector, will unveil Q2 results that reveal a drop in sales growth to 4.5% from 6% in the first quarter, according to
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations