UK: Sainsbury ups the stakes in money-off voucher battle with Tesco
UK supermarket group Sainsbury has issued thousands of money-off vouchers in the hope that shoppers will redeem them at stores operated by market leader Tesco. Tesco recently upset Sainsbury when it told shoppers it would redeem money-off coupons sent by Sainsbury to households in areas where competition between the two stores is fierce. Sainsbury CEO Sir Peter Davis confirmed his group had ordered "a lot" of additional coupons to be distributed to shoppers in areas with a high concentration of Tesco stores, reported the Sunday Times.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review