UK: Sainsbury ups the stakes in money-off voucher battle with Tesco
UK supermarket group Sainsbury has issued thousands of money-off vouchers in the hope that shoppers will redeem them at stores operated by market leader Tesco. Tesco recently upset Sainsbury when it told shoppers it would redeem money-off coupons sent by Sainsbury to households in areas where competition between the two stores is fierce. Sainsbury CEO Sir Peter Davis confirmed his group had ordered "a lot" of additional coupons to be distributed to shoppers in areas with a high concentration of Tesco stores, reported the Sunday Times.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action