UK: Sainsbury ups the stakes in money-off voucher battle with Tesco
UK supermarket group Sainsbury has issued thousands of money-off vouchers in the hope that shoppers will redeem them at stores operated by market leader Tesco. Tesco recently upset Sainsbury when it told shoppers it would redeem money-off coupons sent by Sainsbury to households in areas where competition between the two stores is fierce. Sainsbury CEO Sir Peter Davis confirmed his group had ordered "a lot" of additional coupons to be distributed to shoppers in areas with a high concentration of Tesco stores, reported the Sunday Times.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant