UK: Sainsbury's and Homeport find the solution to unattended home delivery
Sainsbury's have signed an agreement with Homeport to trial unattended delivery boxes for its Sainsbury's to You home delivery customers. In a first for a UK supermarket, customers will be able to receive home shopping without having to be at home. Sainsbury's e-commerce director Angela Megson said,"Being able to deliver shopping to customers whilst they are out is a major piece in the home shopping puzzle. People using Homeport will be free of restraints on delivery time which in turn will give our operation many more options with fulfilment. Instead of visiting a neighbourhood four or five times a day in different two hour slots, we can drop a large number of deliveries on one journey and they will be secure for the customers to receive when they return from work."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report