UK: Sainsbury's appoints new CEO, reports interim results
UK supermarket operator J Sainsbury has announced the appointment of Justin King as the group's new chief executive. King, who is currently head of Marks and Spencer's food business, is to take over from current CEO Peter Davis on 29 March 2004, when Davis will become chairman. Besides working for M&S, King has also spent seven years at rival supermarket chain Asda.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin